Testing whether your fitness increased, is an important regular task. You have to measure your improvement.
Do the following
- Choose a track where you can re-do the test workout all the time
- Do a warm-up for 10-20 minutes (keep it the same)
- The conditions should be similar (weather, temperature, etc.)
- Run or bike this track in race-speed
- Note your time and track this workout in your logbook, choose a name for the track (keep it the same)
- Choose in the future the same name for this workout (distance and conditions must be the same).
Now you see in the formcurve statistics whether you became faster: “How fast am I?”.